Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme...

Actually, basil, oregano, mint and thyme.

Today, I ventured out to Tagawa Gardens with the reality ahead of me:
I don't know what I'm doing.

I want to garden. I am fascinated by growing vegetables and herbs, and last summer when we grew tomatoes, the greatest feeling was picking them, cutting them, and serving them for dinner.

But tomatoes are kind of easy. We really messed it up (planted them too late, didn't use cages, planted them in a not-very-sunny place) and yet, we still had plenty of tomatoes.

This year I'm a bit more ambitious.

We're starting with herbs (and I want to include sage and rosemary, but not yet...I wasn't sure how they would fit on the window sill).

In about a month-and-a-half, I want to include tomatoes (and different types!), onions, and...the big one...eggplant.

And they will all be in containers since we're in our little townhome with the intent to move into a house.

I'm pretty sure that if I'm successful, Nicole will let me have a garden in our new home. And if I'm not, oh, the grief I'm going to hear...

1 comment:

  1. I have a fabulous book on container gardening. I'll find the title when I'm not trapped under a sleeping Riley and send it to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete