Thursday, September 10, 2009

36 Dollars, or Why Number 49 Matters

If we don't start managing our bank accounts IMMEDIATELY, we'll never save money for a house or a new car. We're chronic spenders; I wish one of us was a saver, but we're really REALLY not.

I checked my bank account this morning: $36. Yes, that's right. $36. Well, it's not right, but it's accurate. The thing is, though, I only get paid once a month -- so my next paycheck is twenty days away.

Where does the money go? I almost put two question marks there because I'm so desperate to understand why I have a spending problem.

So, I dusted off the old finances spreadsheet I made when we were trying to buy a house a few months ago -- I haven't touched it in two months -- and updated it. My new goal? Check every day to make sure my spending is marked on the spreadsheet.

Not that I have anything to spend now.

No comments:

Post a Comment