Sunday, September 27, 2009

Couch to 5K

I'm starting the Couch to 5K program, which I downloaded on iTunes as a podcast. Essentially, it's a 9-week program designed for couch potatoes...like myself.

I'm starting it today at the gym; I went to the gym three times last week, and felt great about it. I hopped on the elliptical for 10-15 minutes each time, and then the treadmill for 10-25 minutes, briskly walking, with sporadic running for one minute at a time. It's not much, admittedly -- but it's more than I have done.

On our list, number 72 is to run a half marathon. I have a long way to go before that's possible, so I need to start now. Maybe we'll run a full marathon after a while.

All I know is that I've been craving working out. So now I wait for Nicole to get home so that we can go to the gym and get started on the nine week program. I hope it works!

1 comment:

  1. At least a couple days each week, I get all my stuff together the night before, and then I wake up, think, "WTF?" and go back to sleep and end up having to drive to work.

    I don't understand that. When I get all that stuff loaded into the panniers, and I get on the bike and roll down the driveway and up the hill, and I wave at the little old man we call "Walking Dude" on his morning cruise around the neighborhood, and then I gun it out to the road and beyond -- and when I coast, finally, into the executive (yes! they let us cyclists park in the EXECUTIVE) parking garage and hobble up to the gym for my shower... it feels so freakin' GREAT.

    I'm not totally sure I understand why I'm not having anxiety every day I DON'T ride, instead of just drifting along on the tide of inertia, making excuses.

    ReplyDelete