Saturday, September 12, 2009

Food, Friends, and Family

We had my mom, and our friend Catherine over for dinner last night. Liz cooked eggplant parmigiana, pasta and a yummy salad. Mom brought garlic knots from my favorite pizza place, Big Bill's, as well as homemade pecan pie. I love that she still makes me some sort of dessert for my birthday. Catherine brought a super delicious strawberry shortcake. We had wine, told stories and jokes and just had a very nice, relaxing time. We ended the night with a little "Say Yes To The Dress" and a walk around the old hood with the dogs.

Liz also fell down the stairs, which was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. It felt good to laugh like that, even if it was at her expense.

Today was a really good day. We met with Arlene, who as usual, had amazing things to say. We prayed at the end of our session, which I find so cathartic. The dogs were groomed while we had ribs at Chili's, we watched a movie, in bed with the window open while it rained outside, I made banana bread and now we are in our usual spots in front of the t.v. while the dogs sleep next to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment