Sunday, November 15, 2009

and then there were six


Today was a super fun day. The plan was to get up, and meet our friends Jen and Wyndy for breakfast and then off to shop for Christmas pj's, which we did do. We hit up every single major department store looking for the appropriate attire for the upcoming party. We saw a few things that we liked, made note of them in case we couldn't find anything else. We spent a good four hours walking around the mall. We had decided to leave the mall and head over to Kohl's to see if they had anything we had to have. Auntie Anne's pretzel's called to us on our way out, so we stopped in there, got some pretzels and water and grabbed a table right outside. I ended up in the chair facing the pet store, which had two of the most adorable Yorkie puppies in their front window. We had already spent some time earlier in the day ogling these little babies but kept on our mission of Christmas nighties. I kept joking with Liz about Santa bringing me a Yorkie puppy, a phrase which I have overused for every single holiday that warrants a present. I am sure she is sick to death of hearing it. She affectionately reminded me that puppies are a lot of work, and if we got one, I would have to be the one to get up in the middle of the night, and clean up its messes. She also gave me the "look" that let me know that a puppy was not on the agenda.

So we finish up our pretzels, and the trash can just happened to be located next to the window where said adorable puppies were. So I went over to stare at them some more. They both looked so much like Sam did when he was a baby.

Jen and Wyndy decided to go inside the store, where an older mixed breed was. A dog that they had apparently been eyeing for weeks now, and no one else seemed to want to buy.

Liz and I went into the store and saw them sitting in a meet and greet room with this dog, who they had already named "Rudolph". They kept taunting me and telling me to get one of the Yorkies and go in the room next to them. I told them that I couldn't hold one of these dogs and give it back, that it would have to come home with me. So Liz turns to the pet store girl and tells her to go get one. "WHAAAAAAAAAAT"?

So we go in this room, and this 1 pound ball of fluff gets passed over the half wall to us. She was black and brown and smelled like a puppy and was the cutest thing I had ever seen. I kissed her, and she kissed me and it was just great. Then there was Liz...who just moments earlier was grumpy and complaining she wanted to go home, and ranting about how much work puppies were. Her eyes were now melting into these little pools of love for this little ball of fluff.

She asked me if I wanted her, and then all of a sudden, the four of us were at the front of the store, purchasing dogs. We came to the mall to get pj's and now we are going home with puppies. How did this happen? I have impulse purchased a purse, or a pack of gum...but never in my life would I thought I could add a dog to that list.

So she is home now, after a trip to my Mom's, Petco, and a few spouts of vomiting on my legs in the car. (Oh and apparently I was rude to a guy at Petco because I had vomit on my legs).

She is asleep in Liz's lap in her pink argyle sweater and we are both already head over heels in love with her. She bosses the other two around already and when she growls at them she sounds like Donald Duck speaking. So adorable.

1 comment:

  1. She is a doll baby. Hope the barfy thing passes quickly!

    ReplyDelete