Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bleh


So today's run SUUUUUUUUUCKED. I can't even begin to emphasize that enough. It was awful. Usually we run at night, in the dark, and the cold. Today, it was hot, and at 1:30 We started at our usual spot, and went about a quarter of the distance we normally do. I had a cramp in my right side that was killing me, and when I stopped to turn around and tell Liz, she was so far behind me and I could tell she was also in pain. Once she got up to where I was, she stopped, dry heaved and sat on the side walk. We decided to go home, and try again tonight.

I have been having a lot of fears about running this race and the fact that it will be taking place during the day has me even more freaked out now. I know how far I can run, and what my body can do now, but I am afraid the fear will set in on Thursday morning, and I will perform like I did today. We have two runs left....two....which is scary, and amazing all at once.

On a light note, baby Ruby is adorable, and having a ball right now playing with her big sister Roxie. They are just running all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment