Saturday, October 10, 2009

First snow!

We are at the start of week three of nine, which blows my mind. Since it was snowing (which I love) we had to go to the gym for our run. I was very nervous about this because running in circles makes me crazy, I track each lap and feel like its a form of torture. That was so not the case today, I ran, and walked according to what my new best friend Robert Ulley told me to do. I did over twelve laps which is a little over two miles, and while I was winded at the end of it, I felt strong, and proud, which probably sounds silly. I know that to the outside, people can't tell the changes in my body, but I can. I can feel the muscles in my legs, abs and back. I can feel that I can breathe deeper than I could before (too bad I'm no longer singing) and while my pants still fit, they fit better than they did two weeks ago.
I'm amazed by what I can do, that I did two miles today and never once even considered quitting, I just kept going, and pushed myself. I am falling in love with running, which is a very strange statement coming from me.
We also made potato soup in honor of the first snow of the season! It was so yummy with the biscuits, and cheese...mmmmm.
We spent some time at the super cool cake store off of Broadway and Oxford. We needed to get some food coloring for our creepy cupcakes that we are making! It has been a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing silly here! Don't you love that sensation, when you shift your arms or legs and you feel the muscles move in a way you never felt them before?

    ReplyDelete