Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Living in the moment

It's difficult for me to be in the moment, to experience the "now." I drift off so often, thinking back, thinking ahead, but what about right now?

I'm supposed to experience the senses of now -- what do I see, feel, hear, smell, taste? What am I experiencing NOW?

This was a lot easier last night when I was running. We ran outside for the first time, and I kept thinking to myself about how my legs felt, how my feet touched the ground, how my shoulders felt, what the houses looked like, what the air smelled like. There was no time to think of anything else, just living in the moment.

Maybe that's why my DBT classes and running are fitting so perfectly together. They are allowing me to experience my life from a different (and better) perspective.

I drove to work this morning thinking about how much I love my life. I have a woman who loves me, a great home, and a new, healthy routine. My life is very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment