Tuesday, October 6, 2009

No restaurants for us...

I just asked Nicole if it's been a week since we've gone out to eat, or had any meal outside of our home, and the answer was yes. It's probably been longer than a week by now.

I like the life we're building for ourselves; it's healthier in many ways. I'm glad to be home with her at night, eating whatever is left over or something new or a bowl of Golden Grahams, and just talking with her, playing with our dogs, or getting ready to work out together.

I have no desire to eat at a restaurant, either, which is VERY strange for me. I love food. Hence, I have plenty of weight to lose. But I am not craving restaurant food or fast food or anything of that nature; I just want to go home, make a salad, and run for thirty minutes. Not bad.

2 comments:

  1. Great job! (I'm still not there, McDonald's chicken nuggets seem to still call my name!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided to stop eating fast food. There's something about the idea -- it's so quick, no one had to think about making it -- that's alarming when you think it through.

    I want what goes in my mouth to be food someone's thought about. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete