Monday, October 5, 2009

number 71 aka giving up soda!

First off, let me say that right now, it is taking effort to type this. My arms are shaking so badly from tonight's workout, so everyone (all three people who are reading this) must appreciate what I am about to say....
I gave up soda, which I didn't think was going to be a big deal at all, but turns out, it is.
I never thought that I drank the stuff all that much, only when I go out to eat, and occasionally at work. A cherry coke in the afternoon helped get me through the last two hours of the day, and let's face it, it's delicious. So when we gave up going out to eat for the first two weeks of the month, it made total sense to give up soda at the same time.
So I am sitting at work this afternoon on the fifth day of the no soda spree, and my head is pounding, and I'm tired and all I want to do is scavange through my purse and find the 65 cents to go buy a cherry coke...and that's when it occurs to me that I am totally and completely addicted to the caffiene. I never would have thought that I was because I am not a coffee drinker. I don't have to start my day off with a cup of joe, but my body for sure was craving that little pick me up. No matter how much water I drank, my head still pounded away.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, that the headaches will subside, and I don't have to work until a million o'clock, becuase I really don't want to cave, and drink a delicious coke. I'm really looking forward to the time when I don't even think of soda as an option for drinking. It feels great to be thinking in a healthier state of mind.

1 comment:

  1. We post in the same C25k thread, and I saw this link in your signature. I wanted to say that this entire plan seems like an ingenious idea and I LOVE that you two are doing it together.

    As an aside, I know what you mean about the afternoon sodas. I do the same thing. I keep Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry cans stashed in my cube for that afternoon pickmeup. (I'm drinking one right now and it's not even afternoon yet! AHH!) So, great job on cutting out the soda!

    Also, the pumpkin cupcakes looked divine! Let me tell you about a cheating way to make some delicious cupcakes. One of the cake box people (Duncan Hines, maybe?) has a carrot cake box mix. Take the mix, a 15oz can of pumpkin puree and mix them up and bake. Then use the tub of cream cheese frosting on them - so delicious and only 1 or 2 WW points. I'm not like you guys, sifting isn't in my vocabulary, LOL.

    ReplyDelete